(Senior) Prevention Analyst, Wellington
Do you have a passion for the detail? Do you thrive on taking initiative and delivering results? Would you find it rewarding making a difference for consumers?
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented analyst to join our small, dedicated, hard-working team in central Wellington. The Banking Ombudsman Scheme was set up in 1992 as a free and independent service to help people resolve problems with their banks. We’re committed to putting things right, preventing future problems, and improving the banking experience.
This role is in the prevention team, and is responsible for sourcing, identifying and analysing information that can support the prevention team’s objectives and key messages.
- Data and statistical analysis
- Information analysis across multiple channels to elicit key messages and trends
- Monitoring and researching policy and legal developments in the New Zealand finance sector and internationally
- Tracking and measuring improvements in key result areas
- Identifying business needs and improvements, including systems development, process improvement, strategic planning and policy
- Delivering project development and management
- Stakeholder management
- Managing continuous improvement systems
- General research and business analyst support.
- Initiative, flexibility and a desire to improve the way things work
- Attention to detail whilst maintaining a holistic perspective
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills
- A tertiary qualification in business analysis, research, policy, or a similar qualification
- Considerable experience in business, policy or research analysis (5+ years for senior)
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), Survey Monkey and Google Analytics
- Superb research, writing and editing skills
- Project management experience, including the skill to initiate, develop, finalise and measure projects
- Stakeholder management and financial sector experience is an advantage.
The role is full-time and permanent. We offer a diverse and challenging role, a competitive salary, and a friendly, highly-engaged team. If you have a proactive, can-do attitude, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter to Ciaran.Hyslop@bankomb.org.nz.
Applications close 5pm Thursday 27 July 2017.